RCBS MatchMaster

What site had the A&D on sale? I want to keep an eye on that site.

Ceproducts.com and Data Weighing Systems have the full package for under 1k. Set mine up a few weeks ago. It took longer to get it out of the box than it did to set it up. 5 mins to set it up. All of you old guys shouldn't be afraid of a little app on your phone. There is only 5 buttons that you can use plus numbers. My Dad learned the app in 30 seconds. It will do 5.5 grains of Trail Boss exact every single time or 93 grains of N570 and anything else you ask. It is amazing! Buy it and you will not regret it. I wouldn't trust the new RCBS as far as I could throw it.

RCBS wouldn't warranty any of their other Chargemasters, why would they honor this one? People had a ton of problems with Chargemasters. RCBS is owned by Vista Outdoors, Vista is not known for standing behind their products. Plus it is a strain gauge scale, they will drift. Why pay that much for an inferior scale when you can buy the magnetic force restoration for the same price?

8F877EA5-ED82-46B1-A097-E467B1D394D7.jpeg Sorry pic didnt load first post kinda new to this

RCBS wouldn't warranty any of their other Chargemasters, why would they honor this one? People had a ton of problems with Chargemasters. RCBS is owned by Vista Outdoors, Vista is not known for standing behind their products. Plus it is a strain gauge scale, they will drift. Why pay that much for an inferior scale when you can buy the magnetic force restoration for the same price?

Don't know about the inner workings but my charge master is now used only as a powder throw. And everything goes to the beam scale. When it was new the charges varied too much for my liking. Sometimes as much as a grain. It calibrated fine but over the course of 50 Rounds or more. The weight increased. So that's my take on it.

The Autotrickler manual says if it will not weigh 19/20 within .02 of a grain then something is wrong. It's amazing.

To understand why the autotrickler package is so good, look into the balance. People that have moved to a magnetic balance, like the AnD fxi120, immediately see the difference. Super fast, no settling, no drift. The less expensive scales do not use the same design. If nothing, borrowing an AnD Fx120 would allow you to see the difference- even confirm what you get from a balance beam manual scale or whatever you use. You can find these lab grade magnetic balances from $400. Having one really sheds light on whatever process you are using to measure powder. Autothrow/Autotrickler just takes full advantage of their speed and accuracy in weighing. I have manual balance, PACT auto system, Chargemaster and v3. There is no comparison. Is it needed? Not really if you find a forgiving node. But the V3 is amazing.

I'm makin' do with a nice scale from Hornady. Can't remember its identifying name nor number. It settles faster and wanders less than did the RCBS Rangemaster 750 I had for a bunch of years until its mammary glands went vertical. I can't remember if I paid $55 or $155 for the Hornady because I bought it with Scheels gift cards. I get 1.5% on the next card for every dollar I spend outside of Scheels (5% on purchases made at Scheels), so the scale cost me no actual cash. That made for it to be an especially satisfying purchase...

If this wasn't posted in the previous 3 pages, RCBS has confirmed this is a strain gauge scale. I went ahead and jumped on the full V3 Autotrickler kit they have available for preorder. What's a lightly used Chargemaster Lite worth these days?;)

If I'm spending that kind of money I'm getting an A&D scale with the auto trickler for $750. I'll throw my charges with my Redding BR3 or just spend $1400 and get the scale, auto trickler and auto throw.

How does the autotrickler method compare speed-wise to the RCBS?

People that have moved to a magnetic balance, like the AnD fxi120, immediately see the difference. Super fast, no settling, no drift. The less expensive scales do not use the same design.

hmmm....interesting....so, possibly faster and without drift..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.