RCBS 10-10 balance beam scale

338LM

Does anyone use this model, and do you like it? Thanks in advance.

Ian M

This is an excellent scale and one that should last a long time. I believe mine is over 25 years or so, was sold as an Ohaus 10-10 but still works perfectly.

DANTEC

I use one since more than 20 year now ( the same ) that a very good scale

except for case sorting whre is use a electronic Ohaus laboratory model , my 10.10 is use for all powder load and the built in storage box is very clever for field use .

good shooting

DAN TEC

milanuk

I got this scale about a year ago or so, and so far it's fairly nice all around. My only complaint is that sometimes its a bit 'sticky', and doesn't want to register correctly. Almost like the magnetic damper is pulling the beam over a bit and not letting it run up and down like it should. I probably just need to taket it apart and clean it w/ some rubbing alcohol and see if it helps any. Anybody else have any similar experiences, regardless of brand/model?

Thanks,

Monte

Varmint Hunter

Milanuk,

My 10-10 has worked well for the last 20+ years. I do however notice that the magnetic dampening can allow a slightly incorrect reading by stopping the beam prematurely. What I routinely do is strumb my fingers on the table (next to the scale) as it settles. This little vibration allows the beam to overcome the dampening problem and give more consistent readings.
VH

C1PNR

I just keep everything clean and have never had a "dampening" problem.
Been using the Ohaus since the early 70's.

Regards,

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce