RCBS 10-10 balance beam scale

This is an excellent scale and one that should last a long time. I believe mine is over 25 years or so, was sold as an Ohaus 10-10 but still works perfectly.

I use one since more than 20 year now ( the same ) that a very good scale

except for case sorting whre is use a electronic Ohaus laboratory model , my 10.10 is use for all powder load and the built in storage box is very clever for field use .

good shooting

DAN TEC

I got this scale about a year ago or so, and so far it's fairly nice all around. My only complaint is that sometimes its a bit 'sticky', and doesn't want to register correctly. Almost like the magnetic damper is pulling the beam over a bit and not letting it run up and down like it should. I probably just need to taket it apart and clean it w/ some rubbing alcohol and see if it helps any. Anybody else have any similar experiences, regardless of brand/model?

Thanks,

Monte

Milanuk,

My 10-10 has worked well for the last 20+ years. I do however notice that the magnetic dampening can allow a slightly incorrect reading by stopping the beam prematurely. What I routinely do is strumb my fingers on the table (next to the scale) as it settles. This little vibration allows the beam to overcome the dampening problem and give more consistent readings.
VH

I just keep everything clean and have never had a "dampening" problem.
smile.gif
Been using the Ohaus since the early 70's.

Regards,

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.