Rate these scopes.

G

I'm looking for a mid-range power variable scope with a 30mm tube.I also wnat at least 3.5 in of eye relief and European diopter focus.The 3 I'm considering are the Kahles 2.5x10x50,the Leupold LPS 2.5x10x45,and the Zeiss Conquest 3x12x56.Ruggedness,ability to withstand recoil(going on a 338RUM),and low light clarity and resolution.All for under 1K(asking a lot ain't I) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

One scope I'd add to your list is the IOR 2.5-10X42 Tactical. To be clear, the only reason I say that is that's probably the next scope I'm going to buy and this is based upon my love for my IOR 4-14 so far--not actually comparing all the scopes you listed. So just take that FWIW (maybe not much, but it's all I've got).

I can only comment on the Loopie. I have them mounted on my 300, 338 & 375 RUMS and I love them. I've had them mounted on my 50 BMG for over a year (until I got a NightForce) - but the 50 actually puts less impulse on the scope than the 338 or 375 RUM. My dad spoiled me with loopie glass when I was a kid, my eyes just like it. Loopie customer service is the best.

Your luck my friend,
I have all three scopes that you have listed.Although my Kahles is a 4-12x52 multi-zero, is one you are talking about a muli-zero? This is a pretty neat scope. I have to say that in my opinion the zeiss has the best glass, but everyone's eyes are different. Leupolds are great scopes. They have good glass and are durable. I guess I am not much help, but if I were to recommend one I would say go for the zeiss.
Brandon

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.