Ramshot big game 7mm-08

Dmagna

Just started to mess with Big game and I get nice FPS. But wow the SDs are probably the worse I have ever seen. I am using 47.5 grains with federal mag primer and Lapua brass with 140 accubond , I really wanted to use this powder because of the speed and temp stability. But with SDs around 50 or higher I don't understand it.

I found the same thing...very high SD/ES numbers with both Hunter and Big Game. This was with 130 BTSPs, various 140-143 weights and 150 ABLR rounds all in 7-08. Tried several different pieces of brass at varying case capacities and both Winchester and Federal Match primers. No difference in SD/ES (all bad). Velocities are good and I can get OK (MOA at 100 yards) accuracy for a hunting load but there are too many better options out there. I won't be using any more Ramshot powders.

I found the same with ramshot hunter and magnums. Speed but not the consistency I like! Sounds funny but after 25 years of reloading I'm about too try an alliant powder for the first time! Imr and hodgdon have always been powders of choice.

morning, I use ramshot powders. have NO problems. TAC 223
magnum 257STW, hunter, 22-250AI and big game 243,
308 and others. I use Ramshot powders a lot. plus I use
other powders for magnum cartridges. a person finds a
powder that he or she rifles shoot very well.
this is a open hole for arguments. justme gbot tum

morning, I use ramshot powders. have NO problems. TAC 223
magnum 257STW, hunter, 22-250AI and big game 243,
308 and others. I use Ramshot powders a lot. plus I use
other powders for magnum cartridges. a person finds a
powder that he or she rifles shoot very well.
this is a open hole for arguments. justme gbot tum
What are you getting for SD's and ES?

I got SDs of 7-15 with big game and a 140 AccuBond but with 46.5 grains over a Tula LRM primer and Remington brass. Maybe try a Fed 210M primer or back it down a 1/2 to 1 grain?

morning, I research and build handloads for my rifles
that r very accurate. if I do not get pressure signs
when this load is found. I shoot this developed load
for gathering game meat. after I develop a hunting
load then I will shoot the load it across my CED M2 chronograph
to see the velocity. accuracy COMES first. justme gbot tum.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.