Ram shot Big game / 7-08 rem

Goose71

I've got a tikka t3x and was loading 120 ballistic tips and varget and cci 200 nosler brass. I've been reading a lot about the Big game powder in the 7-08. i haven't gotten happy results with varget.does anyone have personal experience with big game powder and a 120 bal tip in a 7-08.

I've used Big Game in 22-250 and 30-06 with okay results. But looking at Nosler's load data it does list BG as one of the powders for 7-08 and 120 BT. What's interesting is their mid load gets to 31XX fps and it's the accuracy load, two grains below max. https://www.nosler.com/7mm-08-remington

I've got a tikka t3x and was loading 120 ballistic tips and varget and cci 200 nosler brass. I've been reading a lot about the Big game powder in the 7-08. i haven't gotten happy results with varget.does anyone have personal experience with big game powder and a 120 bal tip in a 7-08.
Every rifle has its own personality as to its likes and dislikes. The only way to know is test it. My experience with Ramshot has been has been good. It is made by P B Clermont in Belgium and are supposed to be more temp stable than most other ball powders. I find it a well made and consistent powder.

I had great results in two 7mm08. Low end load had 2800fps and low recoil for my kids hunting rifles. I chrono'd 3100fps out of a 20 inch barrel no problem with hotter loads. My daughter took a mule deer at 425 with about 8 inches of penetration after smashing through shoulder bone. It's been a great combo for us. Just can't find any nosler ballistic tips this year.

I have three 7mm-08's, two regular flavor and one AI version. RL19 and Win 760 have given me the best accuracy overall. I usually shoot heavier bullets however, 140 gr and up. - dan

I load for two 7-08's and found Big Game to be very good in both with 140g Nosler bullets. Great powder. I also load H4350 with the 139g Hornady bullets with very good results. Prefer heavier bullets than 120's but YMMV.