Ram Shot Power

snowcreekkennels

Been looking at the burn chart and was wondering what everyone thought was on Ram Shot Magnum. To compare it is between H-1000 and Retumbo. My question is how would it work to replace place those two powders so a fellow could use one powder and not have to worry about trying to capture more than one. I know each gun is different but with the burn rate so close to the two I feel it should work somewhat to replace powder that hard to get.

Just started working with it and so far I like it. Real test will come once I start comparing it to other loads that have already proven themselves. One thing that I think it will help is in cartridges that are are a little lacking on volume with h-1000 like the 338 RUM with 250's. Top load of h-1000 shows 105% fill, load data for magnum shows an additional 1.5 grs. with only a 99% fill ratio.

I use it in my 270 that's set up for 170 bergers with a 1:8 twist .. I normally used retumbo but, it is great and has the best SD and ES.. Frankly Berger used to load it in their 215 300 win ammo.. It is a good powder or they wouldn't be using it.. Of course they had to discontinue because it wouldn't fit sammi chamber.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts