Quiver question

jeffersonwsm

Mine is going to be on the way soon.

My question is what types of quivers are you using. I bought a regular 5 arrow quier to stick in or attach to a pack.

Any DIY's and pics possible

Thanks
Jerome

I prefer a hip mounted quiver and use the Tarantula version.

PSE is going to offer a bracket that attaches to the TAC and allows the use of any of the generic brands of quivers. I saw it at SHOT Show.

I'll be handling that when it becomes available.

I prefer a hip mounted quiver and use the Tarantula version.

PSE is going to offer a bracket that attaches to the TAC and allows the use of any of the generic brands of quivers. I saw it at SHOT Show.

I'll be handling that when it becomes available.

+1

The Tac 15 is heavy and long and an attached quiver only adds to this.

The seperate quiver is much more convenient in My opinion.

J E CUSTOM

I have to make a bracket for this quiver, but it is one of the coolest little quivers I have seen lately. I picked it up at the Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh the other day. It is the Vortxx 6 arrow quiver and I got it in black.

Quivers

It will hold 6 arrows and you spin it to let it drop and arrow out in your hand. It will fit under the bow very nicely. I'll take pics once I get it installed.

I am also playing with an idea of making a mounting system that holds 2 arrows along each side of the frame (One on each side) tucked in tight so as not to interfere with holding the Tac 15 or its
function.

Two arrows shouldn't add any noticeable weight and if it is compact it would be handy.

With this crossbow two arrows should be enough.

If I can make it work I will post some pictures.

J E CUSTOM

Off topic but related to brackets.

One of our TAC owners is designing and building a bracket to hod a rangefinder. We need that very badly.

It is a real challenge for a solo hunter without a "spotter" partner helping to range at longer distances.

That sounds great! You wouldn't happen to have any pics of what you are doing would you? That would sure help a lot if you did.

I like traveling light, so the hip quiver works for me when i hunt open hardwoods or open country. I use the Badlands hip quiver.

I recommend hiking with your Tac 15 and developing a system that works best for you. I carry my crossbow with a tactical sling diagonal its comfortable and second nature to me. the hip quiver is easy to get to if I need a second shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.