Quickload Questions load data for 6.5 CM

HERMAN8R

Hi All,
Started using Quickload for my 6.5 CM Rem 700 built by R&D Precision to do some load data testing. This rifle has about 65 rounds down the barrel.

I was comparing my real load data with Quickload and inserting ithe data into a spread sheet --including my rangedata: 42.5gr RL 17, 123gr SMK -.030 jump, Lapua cases fired 1 time, Fed small match primers. This load aprox .5 MOA, SD=4, ES=8, Vel = 2900 f/s avg.
Then I tried different bullet jump scenarios to try and see if I could make heads or tails of the data. Data input for bullet jump is: .010, .030 (field tested), .050, .090, .130 jump.
I then used CLOA as it related to the different bullet jump because I did not see where I could due it any differently.

I think I have found a good node with my tested powder/bullet combination.
So thinking I have a good charge weight with powder choice, I thought I would use Quickload ,inputting different bullet jump data and see what the results would be
using the same powder charge.
I am the first to admit ----I am very new to Quickload so I going slow trying to understand some of the functions of this program.

As noted on the spreadsheet..the barrel time is reduced with bullets progressively seated deeper in the case.
Looking at the barrel time, it seems that a deep seated bullet would be a better choice for group size?
Or is this in combination this seated depth and case volume?

As you can see---I am very green using Quickload!!

Thanks for any info.
HJR
Screenshot 2020-02-18 13.46.55.png

Attachments

• 6-5-creedmoor-Sierra Load Date.pdf
    312.2 KB · Views: 529
  • 6.5 CM 123 SMK hjr data- RL17 - quickload without OBT.pdf
    88.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 6.5 CM 123 SMK hjr data- RL17 - quickload without OBT.pdf
    88.2 KB · Views: 101
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.