Quickload help

Stayball 6.5

1615925859820.png

Thank you, I am curious as to what GRT will show. These programs are amazing to me and allude me at the same time.
Yea, GRT is alluding me right now. I can put the powders in but it only gives me pressures and what grains at 80/90/100%.

Why not just use Gordon's Reloading Tool? I think it's better than quickload. Has more bullets, more up to date powder selections.
Matt, have you been using GRT? I like to learn more about it before I install it. I do have QL.

Yea I"m still learning. I never used QL but GRT does have the new IMR powders and it also has staball 6.5 so that's an improvement
QL has the Staball 6.5 and new IMR. I have the update released last summer. I am still learning it, and I wouldn't mind trying GRT

QL data attached. I assumed a 24" barrel.
Thanks for posting those runs! They will help a lot of us.

A note of caution about pressures, however: Neither QL nor QRT do well in predicting pressures. This is not a matter of being conservative. Both can under-predict in some situations and significantly under-predict in others.

Over-predicting, while annoying, does not particularly raise a safety issue.

UNDER-PREDICTING, on the other hands means the actual pressures will be HIGHER than predicted. So, if the calculated pressure is used as a guide for starting loads, one can actually get unsafe pressures even when starting 10% below.

The good news is that the bullet time is reported to be reasonably accurate for establishing velocity nodes for new powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.