Quickload Help!!!

Frank7mm

I'm new to quickload I've had it about a week. I would like compare several cartridges in there ackley improved version. Some of the popular ones are listed but several are not. How do I go about putting them in the list?? Thanks

Mikecr

The easiest way to store additional cartridges is to load a similar/base cartridge, make the changes as appropriate(like maximum H20 capacity), and 'SAVE AS' what it is.DAT, in the QuickLoad -DATA directory.

You can open that new cartridge file anytime using FILE -'Load Cartridge Data from File' (there is a buuton for this by the 'Save-As' button.
You should 'Save As' each of your personal cartridge loads, because these will always be unique to your discovery. They are yours, for your barrel.

QuickLoad's default cartridge list is 'qloadfw.vol' which can be opened and edited with a file editor. I use 'Programmer's File Editor(PFE) for Windows, and this is out there for free download. The same applies to bullet, and powder files.

Now, how will you determine the H20 case capacity of an improved case?
I use RCBS.Load 'Cartridge Designer' function for this.
You might enter high confidence loads posted at Reloader's Nest and calibrate your results with case capacity.
The Rifle Section @ www.reloadersnest.com

Keep in mind that the beauty of QL is that you can calibrate it. No other load source is so capable.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce