Quickload bullet file help

fabricator21

I need a screen shot of the .264 bullet file showing the berger 156 eol bullets and the .243 showing the berger 109 lrht bullets.

For some reason my program isn't listing them. I have version 3.8 and do their update every year.

Once I have the screenshots I can contact neconnos/quickload again with proof, so far they haven't been helpful.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't know what is not correct. I don't have that data in my bullet files yet other people say its in theirs so I did the most current update amd still don't have it.

First of all the newest version of QuickLoad is 3.9 not 3.8.
The newest update is October 2020 (I'm waiting for my copy to arrive).

The data that QuickLoad has for a Berger 156 grain bullet is jumbled. They list it as;
.264, 156, Berger LRBTHP G7 #26550

Berger's part number for their 156gr EOL is 26550

Berger shows the length of the 156gr EOL #26550 as 1.512"
QuickLoad shows the length of their 156gr #26550 as 1.413"

Berger doesn't show a HLRT bullet, I'm guessing that you are referring to their LRHT bullet, Long Range Hybrid Target.

QuickLoad lists that bullet as
.243, 109, Berger LRHT G7 #24485

Berger's part number for that bullet is the same, #24485

Berger shows the length of the 109gr LRHT #24485 as 1.277"
QuickLoad shows the same length

So the 156gr EOL bullet seems to be listed in QuickLoad but the length isn't correct.
The 109gr LRHT bullet is listed and all the data seems to be correct.

The problem seems to be that you are looking specific market names and QuickLoad isn't using the abbreviations or descriptors that you are expecting to see. In the case of the 156 gr I'd just use QuickLoad's entry and change the bullet length. The October update might have the data corrected.

I am having the same problem, if you have any info on the Quickload update having the correct 156 grain Berger please let me know. I am entering the correct bullet length but it appears the actual boat tail of the 156 is different than QL too, so it is messed up a bit. I called Berger tech support and got their load data for the 6.5 PRC with the 156 grain EOL using Vihtavouri N570 I won't write what they said, but they used a COAL of 2.955, mine is 3.081 with a CBTO of 2.400, I had a special Manson reamer made to that dimension. They hit it exactly using a dummy round I built. In any event I should be safe using their data as I have .126" less seating depth. The max load they gave me surprise me as it filled my ADG brass to the top. I know ADG is less capacity than Hornady but not that much. And QL predicts serious over pressure too. However, their predictions were about 100 fps higher for my test loads that I did yesterday, I stopped 2 grains short of what Berger's max is as the case was quite full one grain less, and even with my less seating depth it looked like a lot of compression. I am going to look at it closer today as the test loads worked well.

I need a screen shot of the .264 bullet file showing the berger 156 eol bullets and the .243 showing the berger 109 lrht bullets.

For some reason my program isn't listing them. I have version 3.8 and do their update every year.

Once I have the screenshots I can contact neconnos/quickload again with proof, so far they haven't been helpful.

Thanks
Just installed my QuickLOAD Oct , 2020 update.
It shows:
Berger .264 156 LRBHT #26550
Berger .264 156 LRBHP G7 #26550

Berger .243 109 LRHT G7 #24485

What does youe October update of QL show the bullet length to be?
156 Bergers are 1.512 long according to Berger.
My okder QL is wrong, I'm not at my computer now, but it is 1.4 something in my version. I read something about a first and second version of the 156 grain, but do not know if that is true.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.