Quickload ballistics input/output

Jeffpatton00

I need to calculate the bullet drop at 600 yards from bullet drop at 200 and 300 yards, from a 100-yard zero. I don't have Quickload yet so I'd like to ask current Quickload users, what input is required by Quickload for this calculation? Is it bullet drop, or MOA adjustment at each distance? And is the output in bullet drop or MOA? Either works, I'm just curious about which inputs Quickload needs in order to calculate the output at 600 yds.

I just joined a new club that has a 600 yard range, but I need to qualify with shots on paper at that distance before I'm qualified to shoot at that distance regularly. My current range has 100, 200 and 300 yard target stands so my thought was to develop the ballistics at those distances, then invest in Quickload and calculate the drop or MOA change at 600 yards, before driving an hour to try to qualify at 600 yards at the new range.

So, if I get tight groups on paper at 100, 200 and 300 yards, what inputs would Quickload need to let me dial in at 600? thx
Jeff

Any ballistics calculator will give you your drop/dial. You need to know your bullet weight, ballistic coefficient, velocity and the range your rifle is zeroed.
Sounds good. In your experience, how much tweaking must be done to the published BC to obtain accurate results? I've read that the BC sometimes needs to be adjusted based on actual bullet drop over distance vs the calculated bullet drop, although since I'm limited to 300 years while gathering the initial data, this may not be feasible.

I like this one from jbm . quickload really don't get into trajectory .

out to 600 yards I'll say the published BC will be close enough to get you on target .
Following up on this, let me pose a scenario - if I zero at 100 yards, then without adjusting my scope I shoot at 200 and 300, get tight groups, and measure the vertical drop from the POA to the center of the groups. JBM would tell me what that drop *should* have been at 200 and 300, but what if my measured drop is different than the predicted drop? As a user, how would you approach that?

That's one way to do it. I prefer to dial recommended elevation adjustment and confirm whether POA and POI align. No measuring involved it things go right. Assuming everything lines up at 300, I would dial the recommended adjustment for 600 and shoot a group at 300. If it lines up ok, you'll have more confidence on qualifying day.

As for QL, I'm not aware of a function providing ballistic solutions. I use data generated in QL to obtain solutions in my kestrel or any number of available apps

I worked as Range Master at a 1K course. Qualifications are pretty harmless. I wouldn't worry about all the technology. It's just a matter of safety and communication. We did have a 3 bullet limit per target. But we would literally spot for the person and give corrections. If a person was struggling at a range we'd let them work out the kinks and try again in 30-45 minutes.

Don't over complicate this just fill in the required fields and get the answer. JBM works good but can be daunting if you don't know what you are doing Berger has a free calculator also.
https://bergerbullets.com/ballistics-calculator/

If you want/ need tell me what bullet you are shooting at what speed and I can give you a number that will get you on paper

Following up on this, let me pose a scenario - if I zero at 100 yards, then without adjusting my scope I shoot at 200 and 300, get tight groups, and measure the vertical drop from the POA to the center of the groups. JBM would tell me what that drop *should* have been at 200 and 300, but what if my measured drop is different than the predicted drop? As a user, how would you approach that?
I would run the numbers through the calculator , and dial what it calls for and shoot at 300 yards . if you're high dial that amount less . if you're low dial that amount more .

just adjust the velocities to make the predictions match the actual drops that will be good out to 5-600yds. after that adjust the bullet bc. remember that the more accurate the numbers entered the better, even scope height will make a difference.

I need to calculate the bullet drop at 600 yards from bullet drop at 200 and 300 yards, from a 100-yard zero. I don't have Quickload yet so I'd like to ask current Quickload users, what input is required by Quickload for this calculation? Is it bullet drop, or MOA adjustment at each distance? And is the output in bullet drop or MOA? Either works, I'm just curious about which inputs Quickload needs in order to calculate the output at 600 yds.

I just joined a new club that has a 600 yard range, but I need to qualify with shots on paper at that distance before I'm qualified to shoot at that distance regularly. My current range has 100, 200 and 300 yard target stands so my thought was to develop the ballistics at those distances, then invest in Quickload and calculate the drop or MOA change at 600 yards, before driving an hour to try to qualify at 600 yards at the new range.

So, if I get tight groups on paper at 100, 200 and 300 yards, what inputs would Quickload need to let me dial in at 600? thx
Jeff
Normal come ups- from 100 to 200 = 2
Minutes. From 200 to 300 = 3 minutes
From 300 to 600 = 12 minutes. Adjust for caliber/speed of bullet. HTH

Jeff
It's in your loading manuals. Hornady and Barnes are good ref