Questions on 1000yd shooting?

I say set up with a good solid rest and have someone spot impacts for ya and send it! I would dry fire a few times and try to get to the range on a no wind day to figure out your actual drops. Take a note book and take extensive notes on your actual data so you can modify your ballistics to match drops. I like to start out after a solid zero at 500, 700 and then 900 or 1000 yards that way any changes to the advertised BC or muzzle velocity can be verified. Once you have your data spot on at those ranges you can move on to validating the data and cold bore mapping. Remember first round hits are and should be the goal. Enjoy the process and have fun! cheers, Jason

I know this is stupid question, lack of knowledge not idiocy, but don't want to invest in LR shooting anymore then I have if I'm gonna fail before I start.
I have quite few sub moa and few 1/4moa group loads for 300rum and 7 rem mag at 250yds with hunting bullets not LR ELR target bulllets. 25+yrs hand loading and yes I count my flyers, 3 shot and 5 shot groups. If 3clover leaf no need shoot 5 my opinion at 250yds
I've never had opportunity to shoot at 500-1000 but believe I have the equipment, 20 moa bases, good optics, shooting skill, what I believe handloads that are good enough? If i can get 1/4moa from Speer grand slams for example , I'm certain I can produce that or better with Berger or other LR projectiles etc. Never bought expensive target bullets, just not what I was jnto.
I've never traveled to ELRranges, or LR Classes.
Kentucky it's practically non existent that I've found, cept kne farm I got permission1700yds, 1400 safely and day before I was gonna shoot had 15 landowners people wanted to do it to so I bailed. Figured it would be insanely distracting and unorganized. Didn't figure there was time for all that no one else was gonna bring targets, wanted to shoot my steel. Rowdy bunch, I'm rowdy too just not when I'm trying to accomplish something.
Just asking for feedback on baseline "good enough" I believe I'm well above baseline by my extensive but limited research YouTube, forums etc. i know of spin drift, correalis affect depending on shooting direction, reading wind, drop tables etc. I have done my research, estimated research. Main reason I joined this forum!
One step at a time, learn all you can about ballistic and the effect of bullets at LR, "first"... understand wind, wind, will make or break you at 1k the waterline you can figure it out pretty fast with the first couple of sighters, but... wind is the real monster on the range. Understand how to find it and see it in your matches. Pick up a book on it. Calibers and rifles, scopes... and so on, will fall into place as you start out. Shoot your first matches to learn, later you can work on winning. Good luck Cheers

You have more than enough ability and qualifications to go to 1000yds.

Once you do it and succeed and you will succeed, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Lots of overthinking going on here.
Yessir I know you're right on my part. Quite honestly I'm not buying bergers. I already have loads that can do it. Elds, even grand slams I hunt with I think will get there just fine.

I just looked up Berger bc compared to stuff I have some my stuff is better. Got in my mind I need do all stuff y'all competition guys do and I don't for what I'm trying do lol. I'm wanting to put couple shots on 1000 in 20rds is the goal from start at 300-500yds, not shoot 4-5"groups at 1000 like a lot y'all do. Imma do me first lol if I get addicted I'll go next steps farther. This forum is awesome btw

I just looked up Berger bc compared to stuff I have some my stuff is better. Got in my mind I need do all stuff y'all competition guys do and I don't for what I'm trying do lol. I'm wanting to put couple shots on 1000 in 20rds is the goal from start at 300-500yds, not shoot 4-5"groups at 1000 like a lot y'all do. Imma do me first lol if I get addicted I'll go next steps farther. This forum is awesome btw
Lol. There's a lot of keyboard shooters that may be shooting 4-5" at 1k, very few real shooters doing that.