Question on Berger 6mm 115gr hunting bullets

d11r529

Is anyone having the same trouble with these bullets as I am?
Coyote 1, 318 yards shot in the lungs (I skinned him), at the shot it ran at me close to 100 yards into some trees a minute or so later ran away from me over the hill most of 200 yards and out of sight. It was by luck that I found it as I had given up and was walking back when I found it in tall grass.
Coyote 2, 668 yards hit in the back of the lungs or liver by the blood on it's side??? It dropped at the shot and as I was trying for a second coyote didn't see it get up until it was too late for a second shot, it went over a hill 50 or so yards from where it was hit, looked for over an hour but didn't find it.
Coyote 3, 1236 yards shot just before dark, missed the first shot and saw that I had missed the wind call, at the second shot it spun several times ran a shot distance and lay down. Went out with my atv then next morning found lots of blood and trailed it in the snow to a hole a bit over 100 yards away, no recovery.
Whitetail buck (upper 150 class), 384 yards shot in the front shoulder and it dropped at the shot, watched it for a minute or two and then headed over taking about 10 minutes to get there. No buck where it went down, found him about 100 yards from where I shot him still alive and finished it with second shot. When I butchered him the scapula had the bullet hole in it???????????????
I'm shooting a 243 and getting just over 3100 fps with these. Anyone getting better results with the 115 grain Berger hunting bullets?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.