• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Pump/over under 28 gauge /410

mk443

Looking for a pump and/or over under 28 gauge or 410 for my 9 yr old daughter for this waterfowl season. I'm not picky.

I am not trying to change your mind, but I would recommend looking at a semi in 20 gauge. The recoil reduction of a gas gun combined with the auto loading will really make a big difference for her. Both of my girls started younger with a Franchi and Weatherby in 20 and they just kept shooting. OU, SXS are just to front heavy for kids with the 2 barrels, and the pumps are clunky for them to handle, or that was our experience. All the girls on my shooting team were started out with a Weatherby 20 gauge as well. Just my $.02. Good luck in your search. Side note, you can find some that have the pink flake in the black stock that makes the gun a little girly as well.

Thank you for the advice. I have several 20's as that's all I hunt with. She's just so small, I'm not up for cutting them down to fit.