public prarie dog hunting in wyoming

cummin_un_glued

will be heading to the eastern part of wy next weekend is there any public ground to do some prarie dog shooting in that area and is it even season?

I've only been fortunate to go to Wyoming on one pd hunt. I hope to go back in the future. With that disclosure...most of Wyoming is federal land. We just stopped in at the local district BLM office and talked to the wildlife guy. He gave us some general directions but wouldn't send hunters to specific dog towns or they would get shot out. We bought some maps and took about a half a day scouting around and found a decent pd town to shoot and spent the rest of our time in that general area. I think a DIY hunt is doable if you have a little time to invest. Good luck!

Much of western WY is public. Most of eastern WY is not. Depending on where you'll be in eastern WY, finding dogs on public ground might be a challenge...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.