PTG Oversized Bolt Problem

Hi the problem is not with the bolt but the person thet fitted the bolt. All of the ptg bolts I have used I have had to FIT the firing pin. any competant gunsmith that assembles a bolt should check and adjust the firing pin petrusion. Some rare times you actualy have to shorten the tip as they can have to much petrusion.

Cheers Bill
Australia

All of the above solutions are hit on some solutions or posibilities, but all neglect to mention that with a PTG bolt one must install the bolt handle and correctly time it to prevent interferance with the striker fall. Step one check the firing pin alone in the bolt for .050 protrusion after!! checking for chips or burrs in the bolt body. I have run into that. Then proceed to look into the rest of the above possibilities. I have used many of these bolts and find them to really produce great results. Note, many custom actionmakers use these bolts as they are top quality.

I have used many PT&G bolts, and handles. As stated timing and handle placement is very critical. Dan Armstrong is an expert at TIG welding them on correctly. He has quick turn around and guarentees his work. Look for Dans 40X handle on the BRC or 6mmBR web site. His website is http://www.accu-tig.com/ . Tell Dan I gave him a reference.
Good luck
Nat Lambeth

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts