PTG Bolt

mo

Was thinking PTG bolt for Rem 700 sa, but the ones with handles attached have a 2 or 3 month wait. I see the bolts with no handle, but what parts would I need to install?

Handle and either someone that can solder or tig it to the body. If you don't have the shroud, cocking piece, firing ping and spring out of the old one you will need that also. If you choose the sako or M16 style extractor you need that parts kit also. The handles can't just be thrown on or you will have timing problems so get a smith to do it unless your fairly familiar.

Mo, I recommend having a Remington bolt handle put on by someone who has done a lot of them. They need to be timed right, they don't need to be over-heated, and they don't need to ever pop off. I saw a Remington factory bolt handle let go during a NRA match.

If you search this board, you will find a couple of guys who have been recommended by several members for attaching bolt handles.

The PT & G bolts are high quality.

Tom

Mo,
I would recomend waiting for the one piece bolt from PT&G. The wait for some one to weld the two piece will be just as long most liklely.

Call Dave Kiff at PTG and get the bolt and all related hardware, then send to Dans40X for welding. Even with shipping it will take less than 2 weeks. His work is flawless, give him a call and he will explain how to measure your action to give you correct timing. Good luck.
Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.