• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED PT&G disapointing

switchback

Once again I called Pacific Tool & Gauge and was treated by the lady answering the phone like I was very much bothering her. I was asking about their Rem. 700 tactical bottom metal. I couldn't tell by the picture on their website what type of latch mechanism was on the part. I was told to hold on and when she got back on she said it was standard. I asked if she could explain standard and she was very bothered and rude.
I told her that seemed to be the problem around there. That nobody answering a phone knows what the hell their talking about and when asked they get ****ed. This is not my first experience like this. Dave Kiff is a good guy that I have been pleased to give business to. But things have changed.
I'll use a sunny hill or Williams like I have in the past.

I ordered the same part from them. Same responses. Quoted 4-8 weeks. Took 4 months. Numerous phone calls and emails with poor customer service. I didn't care about the wait, it was just the BS responses they provided. I will not order from them again.

Common theme, they mustn't G.A.S. about the little guy out here anymore....

PT&G used to great people to deal with, I could call and talk to Dave, ask questions, get recommendations and order a reamer from Dave, he would switch me to one of the women to finish and pay for the order and I would have my reamer in usually less than a month.

AHHHH those were the "Good'ol Days" unfortunately is has not been that way for several years and things just keep getting worse.

It is really sad to have watched a really good company go completely to HELL.
JMHO

I don't buy anything from them anymore.

Dave

I ordered a plastic magazine that was in stock, one week ago today and they just now shipped it today. First time doing business with them. I kinda see yall'so point

+1. Placed an order at SHOT Show two years ago...OMG it got so messed up, took forever to unravel. Their blueprinted actions still seem to be precisely done when they arrive, but the customer service is lacking. When I try to build an accurate rifle, I like my parts orders to be accurately processed. A friendly customer experience is nice too.

I'll never order from them, I'll
Use their parts in I find them but I hate dealing with

I'll never order from them, I'll
Use their parts in I find them but I hate dealing with

I have a reamer from them that I honestly believe they screwed up and cost me an expensive barrel. I'll never order from them if I can help it

I ordered a reamer from them. A no neck turn 22-250ai and specifically told them I was going to be shooting lapua brass and it tends to be thicker than say winchester. I received the reamer after 6 months (they told me 6-8 weeks) had it shipped right to the gunsmith. got it back the gun back 2 months later. Turns out the reamer had a .253 neck, Loaded rounds are .2525. And the web area of the case is .002 to small on the reamer and my dies wouldn't size the case down to fit in the chamber. Screwed up from front to back. Along with a barrel that needs to go back to the smith to get fixed for another handful of money. It only took them 3 months to fix there problem reamer and they charged me for another reamer. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER order another item from them again. There are other reamer companies out there who would be pleased to have the business. JGS comes to mind.

Recent Posts