PSE TAC 15 crossbow - first range outing

I know Im way behind on these threads but I've owned the TAC 15 since PSE's first offering (was on the waiting list). Got the xbow and liked a lot of the features but here are some things that are a little frustrating. Let me know if you all have a work around or have experienced the same issues:

1. Scope line of sight - I can see part (almost half) the whisker biscuit in the line of sight of the scope. I installed an extra high set of rings which helps but these rings wont work with the HHA Optimizer.
2. If I use medium height rings with the HHA Optimizer...when at full eleveation...all I see is the whisker biscuit. I have not shot the xbow using the optimizer so I don't know if I have to go to full elevation with it or not. Any info on how to set up the Optimizer and or what scope/rings to use to get around this problem?
3. The string is cutting into the rubber string "dampeners or stoppers" and causing them to split. I called PSE and they said to loosen the set screw (?) and back the stoppers off the string the thickness of a credit card. I do not have a set screw and no way to back the stoppers off the string. I'll have to call them back...the tech must be smoking something. I ordered new stoppers but fear they will just wear out like the last ones. Anyone experience this or can tell me if their string rests against the stopper in the uncocked position?
4. I have started to fletch my own shafts because the factory fletching gets peeled back in short order...Im leaning toward Flex Fletch low profiles. Anyone have any info on what fletching/glue is working for them?

Any info would be appreciated...thx, jb

jb

I think your question would get more attention if you start your own thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.