• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Proof Research 6.5CM Shouldered Prefit Barrel for TL3/SR3 26" 1:8 Twist

Nice barrel - Proofs always shoot great! That picture with the lands& groves is "Hypnotizing" me. I can see the bullet hitting after leaving the barrel. Why would you want to sell?
Thanks much
Merry Christmas!
Len & Jill

Sort of a long story, this was part of my "dream build" PRS style rifle that I built off the TL3 action and my first custom build. It is the rifle that is pictured in my profile picture. Ran it with a MPA chassis and Vortex Razor HD so it was super heavy but shot absolutely brilliantly both from 100 yards to over a thousand with factory Hornady 147 ELDM loads. I liked it so much I bought an Origin and built another 6.5CM with a Manners EH1 and a Razor LHT as a handy coyote, deer, and black bear rifle. Problem is, now I carry the Origin everywhere for hunting because I prefer the weight and ergonomics. The TL3 had just been collecting dust due to the price and availability of ammunition plus the fact that I have no desire to shoot competitively and it being too cumbersome to do much else with. Decided to give it a face lift and fill the current gap in my collection by changing it over to a 300WSM and dropping it into another EH1. That gives me the feel and ergonomics of the Origin build, while filling a different role in my collection as a hunting rifle which I will hopefully actually use. I am left with this awesome barrel but no action for it, no future builds planned, and not a lot of space to store it. Figured I would sell it to offset some of the cost of the 300WSM barrel I bought on Black Friday.

Hopefully that wasn't too long winded.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

-Brodey

Sort of a long story, this was part of my "dream build" PRS style rifle that I built off the TL3 action and my first custom build. It is the rifle that is pictured in my profile picture. Ran it with a MPA chassis and Vortex Razor HD so it was super heavy but shot absolutely brilliantly both from 100 yards to over a thousand with factory Hornady 147 ELDM loads. I liked it so much I bought an Origin and built another 6.5CM with a Manners EH1 and a Razor LHT as a handy coyote, deer, and black bear rifle. Problem is, now I carry the Origin everywhere for hunting because I prefer the weight and ergonomics. The TL3 had just been collecting dust due to the price and availability of ammunition plus the fact that I have no desire to shoot competitively and it being too cumbersome to do much else with. Decided to give it a face lift and fill the current gap in my collection by changing it over to a 300WSM and dropping it into another EH1. That gives me the feel and ergonomics of the Origin build, while filling a different role in my collection as a hunting rifle which I will hopefully actually use. I am left with this awesome barrel but no action for it, no future builds planned, and not a lot of space to store it. Figured I would sell it to offset some of the cost of the 300WSM barrel I bought on Black Friday.

Hopefully that wasn't too long winded.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

-Brodey
Awesome and know all too much about your story. This is a great barrel and would like to get it but nothing to fit it on and we basically turn and chamber our own barrels. This should sell FAST!!!

Awesome and know all too much about your story. This is a great barrel and would like to get it but nothing to fit it on and we basically turn and chamber our own barrels. This should sell FAST!!!

Haha, I thought it would move a little faster than it has. Figure after Christmas more people will be looking.