Problems with a Bushie 1500 Laser

Skinny Shooter

Didn't think this would fit under product reviews so posted it in here.
I have a new Elite 1500 rangefinder that works better than my older yardage pro 1000.
While out one evening I tried to get some ranges where I predator hunt. The readout couldn't be read.
Bushnell advertises this model as having a low-light level LED. [ QUOTE ]
Hunters seeking the ultimate in rangefinders need look no further than the new Elite® 1500. Accurate measurements from 5 to 1,500 yards. Fully multi-coated optics for superior resolution. An internal low-light LED for dusk and dawn conditions...

[/ QUOTE ]
The only thing the LED provides is a greenish-yellow glow in the bottom of the screen. It does not illuminate the readout in any way. If it's dusk or dawn, the bold-lettered readout stands out from the background and no light is needed.
So if I'm out in the dark looking for coyotes, I won't be able to range distances.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Am very tempted to take this unit back to Cabela's and replace it with a Leica 1200 or a new Leupold RX-IV.
Allen

Hi, I just bought one and commented on some testing on it on my first day of testing in equipmet reviews , subject Swarovski 1500 Laser Rangefinder and the Leica 1200 .I tried it in a very dark room and all i could see was the green light, no read out. Dont think this will bother me since we cant hunt at night In my state.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.