Primer Pocket Uniforming......twice

Ramses II

I just shot some FGMM brass reloads. I initially did primer pocket uniforming. After firing the reloads do I have to primer pocket uniform again?

Ramses II

We ordinarily only do that drudgery once, you are squaring-up the bottom of the primer pocket and removing the punched flash-hole flanges inside the case (web). Once that material is gone the job is done. Good idea to find a flash-hole uniforming tool, opens each flash-hole a tiny bit so that they are all exactly the same. Worth doing.

Good luck with your reloading.

correctamundo...i use the same tool to clean,,,the second time.is that ok or is there a better method?

I use the uniformer to square up the pocket and to clean there after.To clean I just barely touch the pocket to keep from deepening the primer pocket.An alternative to cleaning with the uniforming tool would be to use the cleaning tool(doesn't cut the pocket.Jimmy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.