• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Press for decapping

I use the inexpensive Lee press and Lee universal decapping die for just about everything. I like to deprime when I get back from the range. I just change the shell holder and decap from 243 to 375 H&H. You don't really need to adjust for case length if you are careful. Get little can or bucket to catch the dead primers, as they are pain to pick up.

I've considered doing this because about half of the spent primers spit out of my R-C end up on the floor. A purpose purchased de-priming press that has a good to great primer catcher is a very attractive idea.

I converted to depriming off my main presses some years back and have never looked back.

Yes, more time and effort, but I like the results. My single stage press, progressive presses, floor, and bench stays clean. This especially is nice with a progressive press with all the moving parts. Less cleaning and jamming.

I actually do it off my reloading press on a different table. Depriming press is mounted to a board which I either c-clamp down to the table, or I weigh it down with a box of 500 230 grain 45 acp bullets. This way I can also deprime cases out on my patio, in the garage, anywhere I want. If I do it in the house, I first lay down a garbage bag on the floor to keep the floor clean.

I started with the $50 lee press. It works, but it's cheap feeling for sure. I recently upgraded to a new depriming press and spent $100 and enjoy using it more.

One other thing to consider, if you depriming off your regular press, then this might be a good time to look into wet stainless tumbling. I deprime everything dirty, then stainless tumble. When the brass comes to my reloading bench and presses, it's perfectly clean, even the primer pockets.

Good luck.

I converted to depriming off my main presses some years back and have never looked back.

Yes, more time and effort, but I like the results. My single stage press, progressive presses, floor, and bench stays clean. This especially is nice with a progressive press with all the moving parts. Less cleaning and jamming.

I actually do it off my reloading press on a different table. Depriming press is mounted to a board which I either c-clamp down to the table, or I weigh it down with a box of 500 230 grain 45 acp bullets. This way I can also deprime cases out on my patio, in the garage, anywhere I want. If I do it in the house, I first lay down a garbage bag on the floor to keep the floor clean.

I started with the $50 lee press. It works, but it's cheap feeling for sure. I recently upgraded to a new depriming press and spent $100 and enjoy using it more.

One other thing to consider, if you depriming off your regular press, then this might be a good time to look into wet stainless tumbling. I deprime everything dirty, then stainless tumble. When the brass comes to my reloading bench and presses, it's perfectly clean, even the primer pockets.

Good luck.

I bought the Frankford Arsenal tumbler and use it with stainless media. A little Dawn and Lemishine and the brass comes out looking shiny brand new. I also recommend this to guys who haven't done this yet.

I bought the Frankford Arsenal tumbler and use it with stainless media. A little Dawn and Lemishine and the brass comes out looking shiny brand new. I also recommend this to guys who haven't done this yet.
Nice! Then in that case, all the more reason to prime off the press. My new dedicated depriming press is the Lyman Ideal press. Here's what I like about it: short stroke (don't need lots of mechanical advantage when light force is required for depriming), open front makes for good access, easy to empty used primer container, a lot more smooth and solid than the cheapest Lee press. Only problem is finding presses for sale and it's new so you aren't likely to find a used one.

You my find what you are looking for at a gun show near you.

Lee decaping press set up.jpg

I bought this Lee press at a gun show for $1. The back mounting tab was damaged so I had to adjust mounting it to the plywood. The Lee Universal Decapping Die was about $15 bucks at that show as well. Using a weight or clamp I can decap almost any case using a flat workspace. I have worked with .243 WIN up to .375 REM Ultra Mag. The spent primers fall into the trash can. I spin the shell holder left or right for easier handling of the cases, depending on the setup. You can see here that it is set for left hand feed.