• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Pre 68 Marlin model 57-M rifle

md66948

Sale is Pending

Here is a nice pre 68 Marlin model 57-M rifle. This is a steel receiver model that shoulders well for adults with a very nice balance and profile of a center fire weapon. The short throw lever made this .22 magnum rifle a favorite among many squirrel hunters in the 50's and 60's. The capacity is 15 cartridges. The 24 inch barrel gave an added degree of accuracy to an already very nice weapon. Very nice otherwise metal bore and wood. This model has no serial number as it was manufactured prior to the 1968 mandate for such concerns.

The Model 57 rifles were introduced with curved aluminum receivers, but in 1960, Marlin reportedly reverted back to the squared steel receivers for the Levermatic rifles. This a steel receiver. The tubular-magazine variants of the Levermatic were more popular than the original box-magazine version. A total of 34,628 Model 57s (1959-1965) were made, while the even more popular 57M, in .22 Magnum (1959-1969) sold 66,889 rifles.

This Marlin 57M comes with a Bushnell 3-9 scope with clear covers.

I did not clean the bore on this rifle. My son has borrowed my 22 cleaning kit As soon as I get my cleaning supplies back I will clean the bore. The owner of this Marlin is not a Hunter. He bought it many years ago from an older gentleman who also was not a hunter.

Condition: Used, Minor Wear
Caliber: .22 Magnum

Price is $400.00. Please NO Trade Offers and No sales to Ca or any other Banned States.

I will ship to an FFL only at your cost. I will only charge actual shipping costs. Please make sure your FFL will receive a rifle from a non-FFL seller. If I must go through an FFL on my end there will be an additional cost to you.

Last edited: