Powders for a 223 w/ 34gr varmint nightmare

TrueNorCal

I wanted to start off thanking the creators of this forum for keeping discussions civil and focused on answering the questions asked.
I am looking for powder recommedations for MSS's 34 gr varmint nightmare extreme in a 223.
I already have a pretty good load worked up with re7 but there's a lot of empty case and I'm looking for something that will come closer to filling the case, fuller cases always seem to yield better groups.
Rifle:
Rem 700 trued
Shilen 1:12 twist barrel in medium varmint taper
tuned stock trigger
Any recommendations/experience would be appreciated.

I wanted to start off thanking the creators of this forum for keeping discussions civil and focused on answering the questions asked.
I am looking for powder recommedations for MSS's 34 gr varmint nightmare extreme in a 223.
I already have a pretty good load worked up with re7 but there's a lot of empty case and I'm looking for something that will come closer to filling the case, fuller cases always seem to yield better groups.
Rifle:
Rem 700 trued
Shilen 1:12 twist barrel in medium varmint taper
tuned stock trigger
Any recommendations/experience would be appreciated.

PM sent... With a 1:12 I would be giving the new 53gr Vmax's a try. OUTSTANDING BC for such a light bullet. They would be my only choice if I could shoot them in my 1:14 .223AI

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.