Powder info .280AI

adk hunter

I have great load for reloader 26 with 130-150 class slugs. With no 26 in sight here want to get ahead of the game and get a replacement coming for after hunting season. Specifically reloader 23 comapairson as I have seen it recommended here. Are the fill charges, wt and velocity similar?

I have worked with 4831sc which gives very similar accuracy. Am I chasing a ghost of my imagination? Thanks in advance!!

I've had the same velocity with 26 but better accuracy with 23. You have to drop lower with 23.

Thanks guys. LSherm, "drop lower" as far as grains or drop tube...? How does the 26 vs 23 flow when measuring? Thanks for the velocity info too.

I am running 168 Accubond LR with 58.5 gr re 19 and Fed 210m primers for 2950 fps in one ragged hole for five shots from a light weight Cooper with a 24 in barrel. Under 2" at 500 PS 30 thousands off

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.