Poll: A3, A3 Sporter, Game Scout, HTG?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by KPK, Nov 11, 2012.

1. A3

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. A3 Sporter

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Game Scout

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. HTG

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. KPK

KPK Well-Known Member

Hey guys I'm working on a rifle and trying to decide which stock. I love the A3 and this would be my first choice, but it's going to be a hunting and target rifle.

Here's my plan:

6.5 Creedmoor

I have:
    Bartlein #3 at 22"-24"(other manufacturers it's a #4)
    Stiller Tac30 Action
    Timney Trigger

Deciding on:
    DBM or BDL
    Stock...

What's your opinions on this? I can get an HTG, A3, A3 sporter without the wait, so that's more of what I'm leaning towards, but the Game Scout looks sweet.

Anyone have pics of the three together? Sleeker the better....

2. KPK

KPK Well-Known Member

Bump! Come on guys...This is a pretty close race, lol...

Do you guys think a .670 barrel is too light for some target shooting with the CM or .260?

3. MSLRHunter

MSLRHunter Well-Known Member

Of your choices I voted A3 sporter. I looked at that stock for my last build and liked it but went with the Manners mcs-t which I also like.

4. shortpants

shortpants Well-Known Member

I've been back and forth for awhile on this but am leaning on the A-3. That's what I voted for. I shoot prone with a rear bag whenever possible and if not I shoot off a shooting tripod while sitting on my glassing stool. I prefer a vertical style grip and like the straight comb for proper cheek weld. The angled bottom of the buttstock makes for quick and easy elevation adjustment on the bag.