POI shift with powder charge change

Load one round of each charge weight. Shoot from low to high, stop when you hit pressure.

You should see something like this. This was shot @ 408 yards. Shots 1/2/3 are a great node, but on the low end of the charge weights and velocity. Wind started picking up, but shots 5/6/7/8 are a good node. I worked in there, as I wanted a bit more speed for a hunting rifle. Velocity spread between these 4 charge weights was only 35fps. I ended up right in the middle. Gives some cushion for charge weight.

What are you shooting off from, front and rear rests? And please take no offense to this, as none is meant. Have you shot heavier recoiling rifles before with accuracy?

I am shooting from a front and rear rest from a bench. I have no problems with my 30-338 magnum, I can shoot under MOA consistently. I've shot out to 600, that's as far as I can get at the farm I can shoot on. Actually, I don't feel that this rifle kicks that hard. It has a good trigger, a bold, and I added a Winchester style swing safety. The barrel is an Adams and Bennett prefit, so it's not a shillen or a Douglas by any means. Just something I have built myself as a project to work on.

I am shooting from a front and rear rest from a bench. I have no problems with my 30-338 magnum, I can shoot under MOA consistently. I've shot out to 600, that's as far as I can get at the farm I can shoot on. Actually, I don't feel that this rifle kicks that hard. It has a good trigger, a bold, and I added a Winchester style swing safety. The barrel is an Adams and Bennett prefit, so it's not a shillen or a Douglas by any means. Just something I have built myself as a project to work on.
Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something with your form, or bags. They can do funny things if they don't ride the rear bag right. Or front bag if using one. Especially that pesky sling swivel stud. I would agree with others. Bed it, and try again.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.