Weather charge node change

Tac-O

I'm wondering how weather, the atmospheric pressure and relative humidity specifically, will affect a charge node range.

Say you have a node from 56.6-56.9 and only the atmospheric pressure and humidity change. Will that shift your accuracy node slightly higher or lower?

Yes it can depending on how temp sensitive your powder is. .3 grain is a small node. Most likely you need a different powder. When I find a good node with a powder the rifle likes usually a .5 grain up or down is still in the node. For example I shot a 8 shot ladder with H4350 in a 6.5 creedmoor and 140 gr eld. All eight shots .5 grain increments landed within 1" at 100 yds. Of course everyone knows H4350 was the original powder Hornady used in the creedmoor and for good reason.

Temp will effect the velocities within your node....pressure and humidity will effect poi.....one is internal the other is external.

Temp will effect the velocities within your node....pressure and humidity will effect poi.....one is internal the other is external.

I understand that pressure and humidity have a larger effect on poi the farther you're shooting, but I also thought it had somewhat of an internal effect as well, similar to how changing neck tension will affect internal ballistics.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.