Podcasts and Multimedia for hunting

Nvhunter

A recent discussion following the Hunting Coyotes article by Greg Ballard addressed Podcasts and Slideshows for hunting. I intended to move the subject to the Movies thread but permission to post is not allowed there..so here I am. Visit Gregs article on the main page, it is well worth a read.

I am going to be photographing and journaling this years hunt in Nevada. Friends and I have drawn a group hunt (5 tags) in the Ruby Mountains of Northeast Nevada. This should be a very enjoyable hunt.

First question, Do any of you have experience creating podcasts, internet movies or slideshow presentations with sound? If so, what programs do you use.

Second question, If you were to listen to or view a presentation on hunting in the Southwest mountains, what subject would raise your interest. Examples. Pre-planning, Habitat, Tracking, High camping, Of course...the hunt. Let me know your ideas. I hope to compile a good presentation this year.

I hope you get lots of good suggestions and I am watching this topic with great interest. This could be a great addition to our site.

I may do the same on my hunts this fall. Let's stay in touch.

The things that would interest me are

1. The camp and camp life. How the camp is laid out. Things liked doing chores is "interesting" to me. There are always lazy people and then there are people who don't mind working.

2. Obviously the terrain is interesting.

3. Animals that are not shot but just observed are interesting.

4. Gear set up for the shot is always interesting.

5. Cutting up and packing out the animals is informative.

Hunting Broadcast

Buffalo Bob,

Thanks for the input. I have to think about the podcast thing for a while. It does take $$$ for decent equipment to produce those things, and really, I prefer being in the field - opposed to being on a computer. In addition, this topic does not have any legs in this forum. I Posted a while ago and few bites so far.

One messenger did state a valid point. If specific information was given about a "good" hunt area that may decrease the chances of drawing in that area, or may flood the applications for a specific area...or, crowd a canyon or similar area with hunters for next year.

In a way, he is correct. The more I hunt on public lands, the more I see bad sportsmen in the field. Poking through others camps, attempting to poach anything that moves, dressing deer and leaving the remains in the creek, and trash trash everywhere. During my hunt season about 20% of my time is spent being aware of others in the region and picking up after bad hunters.

If I produce an article or podcast; I would hope to promote good sportsmanship and stewardship of our public lands. Although I dissagree with those who guard "the secret areas" by sharing their knowledge with no-one. I would shy away from giving the store away to the general public. Personally, I am more than happy to help another good sportsman/hunter plan and execute a successful hunting season. But, only if he is willing to put forth adaquate effort himself.

Once again, thanks for your input.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.