Coyote Hunting

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
No, no! This thread is about a coyote hunting for himself, not me hunting the coyote. :) These shots were taken while I was in Rocky Mountain National Park last month. This guy, or girl, was shopping for supper. He was successful, too. I watched him pounce on a small rodent. Tall grass, couldn't get a decent shot of the action.

_E2X7244PSpost.jpg

_E2X7264PSpost.jpg

That's pretty cool Len. Long lens? I don't see a lot of coyotes out hunting in broad daylight, but time to time I'll find one doing so.

Regards, Guy

Guy, this was in a park. I've seen this before where they don't fear man.

This was a 200-400 lens with a 1.4X converter added.

Cool. I need to unearth my old 35mm film camera and lenses, or get a new SLR digital and a couple of lenses. This digital photo thing is a lot of fun.

Managed to sneak up pretty close on a daytime coyote that was hunting along a mountain stream earlier this summer, while I was riding my mountain bike. I just coasted down the hill on a nearby dirt road, made almost no noise on the soft dirt surface. He didn't spook until I braked to a stop and he finally figured out what I was...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.