Playing with my new Sauer 100 30-06

Still playing around with new ammos. This is Hornady Precision Hunter 178 ELD-X @ 100 Yards. I couldn't shoot a decent group to save my life. I'm fairly certain the two shots on the left in both of these groups approximate what the ammo/rifle can really do. And the one hole on the right in both groups represent spasmodic marksmanship on my part (no fault of Hornady or Sauer). I just wasn't shooting well yesterday.
dWRvZqYl.jpg

All your groups are starting to look the same Jon, well done.

Since there is a fair bit of Sauer info in this thread already I figured I'd contribute the Limbsaver part number for these rifles. Its a Grind-to-Fit recoil pad, part # 10543. Adds about 1/2" to LOP but it sure is comfy when pumping the rounds down range. Throw it in the deep freeze for a couple of days before you turn the sander loose on it.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Great info DBoone. I screwed on one Limbsaver that is not a perfect fit for the Sauer 30-06 and my other Sauer is still wearing a slip-on Limbsaver. Look forward to seeing your grind-to-fit Limbsaver and hearing more about your re-barrel.

Man these rifles shoot great. I love mine in 6.5prc. Are there any aftermarket stocks available yet? I have the XT model and I'm not crazy about the forend of the stock.

Kevin

Great info DBoone. I screwed on one Limbsaver that is not a perfect fit for the Sauer 30-06 and my other Sauer is still wearing a slip-on Limbsaver. Look forward to seeing your grind-to-fit Limbsaver and hearing more about your re-barrel.

I enjoy tinkering on my rifles and making them my own, so the grind to fit was a nice little project. Unfortunately I'm experiencing Covid delays on my build. It's atleast a month behind schedule right now. I'll be able to screw on a fresh recoil pad once I get it back though.

Man these rifles shoot great. I love mine in 6.5prc. Are there any aftermarket stocks available yet? I have the XT model and I'm not crazy about the forend of the stock.

Kevin
What kind of bullets are you shooting?
I don't know of any aftermarket stocks available, but if you find something, let us know.

What kind of bullets are you shooting?
I don't know of any aftermarket stocks available, but if you find something, let us know.
I've shot factory match loads with 147's best group with them was .35" with most being around .5". I've handloaded 140 sst and 127lrx. Both shoot great. I'm still working on load development as I only have about 100 rounds through it. My gun likes Retumbo and RL25 the best so far. I was excited that I had 3 pounds of RL26 but it won't shoot for nothing.

Kevin

Replace buttpad with LimbSaver #10804
Only complaint barrels are slow.
Sauer 100 30-06 Hornady precision hunter 178 ELD-X 2622FPS vs Stevens 200 at 2695FPS
Barnes Vor-TX 180 TTSX 2674 vs Stevens 200
at 2720

Replace buttpad with LimbSaver #10804

Looks like a TC recoil pad, the fit and finish is acceptable? That's some great info if it does.

My complaint with the barrels is twist rate. But that seems to be a factory issue for other brands also. I haven't had the option to do a side by side speed comparison though. For what it's worth you can put new barrels on. Had one done this summer.

Looks like a TC recoil pad, the fit and finish is acceptable? That's some great info if it does.

My complaint with the barrels is twist rate. But that seems to be a factory issue for other brands also. I haven't had the option to do a side by side speed comparison though. For what it's worth you can put new barrels on. Had one done this summer.
It fit perfectly but need to grind off back plastic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 324
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.