Pileated Woodpecker - work ethic evidence shown on a tree.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Pileated Woodpecker work ethic evidence shown on a tree in Peninsula State Park, set upon blue carpet of Forget-Me-Not flowers.

When I arrived at my camping site two nights ago I stepped outside the car and immediately heard the distinctive, raucous call of the woodpecker.

As I moved back into the trees looking for him, he flew through my view and confirmed my judgement of his sound.
The next two days I waited for lighting conditions to develop for this shot...

_DSC1981-2.jpg

Picture quality poor as it was a cell capture last year and been resized a few times, but the size of these birds is impressive. We are lucky to have many of them on our property and see/hear them daily. The tree trunk it's on is 18-20" diameter

Attachments

• IMG_20210617_141935_478(1).jpg
    IMG_20210617_141935_478(1).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 34
Pileated Woodpecker work ethic evidence shown on a tree in Peninsula State Park, set upon blue carpet of Forget-Me-Not flowers.

When I arrived at my camping site two nights ago I stepped outside the car and immediately heard the distinctive, raucous call of the woodpecker.

As I moved back into the trees looking for him, he flew through my view and confirmed my judgement of his sound.
The next two days I waited for lighting conditions to develop for this shot...

View attachment 369683
The Pileated Woodpecker is one of the coolest Woodpeckers.
Great picture of the woods, flowers and area where the Pecker put holes into trees to get food.
Really nice picture. Would hve been GREAT to see a Pileated Woodpecker on the tree.
Had to be an experience to be there in person!

Recent Posts