PDA/ ballistic program advice needed

platapus

I have a HP ipaq hx2490b that was given to me. It came with nothing except the unit and a car charger. It has windows 2005. The battery is shot and will not hold a charge. So, can anyone vouch for this unit and me by a battery, or should I recycle it and just find another one? And if so, what is a good PDA to go with? Something that is user friendly.

As for the ballistic soft wear, what are most of you using? Nightforce, Exbal ect... I would like to be able to use and store more than one caliber. Thanks for the help in advance.

I am also wondering what the consensus is for which smart phone you guys are using to run your ballistic apps. I have been looking at the various phones that run android.

Thanks JRW

I am also wondering what the consensus is for which smart phone you guys are using to run your ballistic apps. I have been looking at the various phones that run android.

Thanks JRW
A buddy of mine down loaded the JBM program on his Iphone ( its JAil Broke) so he got it free, anyway looked pretty slick lots of info. Kinda funny I dont have a smart phone and he dont have a gun!
There's aslo a program for the Driod from Verizon.

I don't know about the ipaq as I run the Axim but for PPC software I prefer Loadbase over all because it is LOADED and I can geek out on it. It has been accurate closer to transonic than others I've used too. I do like Exbal a lot and I find my self pulling it up when I just need to check something out fast, I've been using it when I first set up a rifle also with the trajectory validation for under 1000yrds.

For an Android look at Shooter, it seems to be a top notch from what I've seen. I haven't gotten it yet but some of the LR guys I trust are using it and like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.