Pact 1 vs. CED Millenium???

thanks for the comments Bill, that's good to know, and I do agree with shooting at all distances. I would just like to not second guess the chrono.

With that said I am watching a couple Oehler's on ebay, and I'll see what happens...? The last one sold for $550, and I'm not sure I wanna drop that kind of $$$ for something like that. I'll watch these, and if that doesn't work, I'll prob go ahead and get the CED with IR.

Also will look a little more into the pacts. good to hear some people have been having good luck with them.

thanks again

Re: Chrony

I got me one of those cheap crony's and like I say, I'm happy with it. It gives me my velocitys and thats all I ask of it to do. I was checking my load out of my .270 today with 150g gamekings out of my 270 win 22" bbl. I was quite happy with my load, 57.5g h-4831sc,fed 215, w-w, 3.410" gave me a 1.75" 5 shot group at 200 yards, while zeroing. Now time to move to 500 and 800 with this load. The 5 shots read over my crony were as follows, 2922, 2916, 2925, 2917, and 2927. Couldn't have been happier with the consistency. I also tried 60.5g H-1000. Groups were tightening as I was moving up in charges, so decided to try this one. My velocities were very consistent with 58.5g, giving me 2808, 2806, 2810, and 2804. 60.5g today, gave me a 2" 4 shot group at 200 yards, and the velocities were 2910, 2894, 2900, and 2894. Weird thing is, the loads are not as accurate as h-4831sc, even with such a low velocity spread. My crony has always worked for me. Gives me numbers, and when I got a good load, it shows me the low numbers, but it will also tell me the bad loads with high spreads. I guess I'm one of the lucky few who got a good one. I cant see spending that kinda money on a cronograph anyways, when there is no substitute for getting out in the field and actually shooting the distance. From my velocitys and the clicks my program gives me, I was 7 clicks off at 800 yards. SO either my velocity was lower, or the BC is lower then advertised. I have noticed that out to 500 yards, the computer is pretty right on for clicks, but after that, all my loads seem to shoot low, therefor I have to put more clicks to get me up to where I need to be.

Re: Chrony

RemMan

Obviously you can't tweak the velocity on the program - how about adjusting the BC value to see if you can get the prog to replicate your drops?

Rgds Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.