PA...Early Spring Bulls

Frank in the Laurels

After a fairly mild winter with abundant food a lot of bulls are still holding their antlers. The herd should be in fantastic shape and hopefully will produce some world class bulls again...enjoy.
FB_IMG_1712230288658.jpg
FB_IMG_1710291448789.jpg
FB_IMG_1709981957095.jpg
FB_IMG_1707916184440.jpg

Awesome pics. I so look forward to seeing them every year! Great job and I can't wait to see them grow this year!
..God willing I'll be able to take a ton myself and borrow a few from the hoards of pros shooting pics constantly...no place I know anywhere where anyone can get this many great pics and almost in my backyard..glad everyone appreciates them...

Last edited:
..God willing I'll be able to take a ton myself and borrow a few from the hoards of pros shooting pics constantly...no place I know anywhere where anyone can get this many great pics and almost in my backyard..glad everyone appreciates them...
That's an awesome setup you got there. We are blessed to be part of it because of you. Thank a lot!!

Thank You for the pics..... shows what proper game management can do without wolves as predators.....
"Proper game management"!!
Oh!! That's a good one!!!

So, a few years ago the elk hunting draw was for 123 tags.

Game Commission survey showed a good increase in the bear population.
Along with this was a decline of pregnant cow elk.

Elk behave much the same as cows. Predators in the area and they herd together. Also worry less about breeding, than being eaten.

The PA Game Commision's answer?

Lets add 2 archery hunting seasons and bump the tags from 123 to 144.

Watching the elk & deer from distance on the gaslines.
When a bear comes out, they will stay out on the gaslines and keep feeding, though they will keep a distance and an eye on it.

Coyote comes out and it's like cockroaches with the lights turned on.