OTC archery elk tags

HSmithTX

If you didn't draw anywhere this year and needed an over the counter archery elk tag this fall where are you going?

Thanks!!

If you do over the counter in Colorado be prepared to work to find animals and not people. I hunted otc archery and had a great experience. However I found people everywhere. I didn't kill an elk but could've killed everything else in Colorado from giant mule deer bucks, moose, and bear. I did find elk but was unable to get it done before my time ran out. I hunted for 2 weeks and saw people every day. Didn't matter if I was 10-12 miles in or less than a mile from trailhead. More rugged the area the less I saw. But some areas the elk had done passed through and when I found them they were close to private and ultimately wound up there. Saw a couple different herds with huge bulls in them but couldn't get in range in time. I so wish I had a deer tag when I was there or a bull moose tag. I saw at least 4-5 bears a day and deer were everywhere at and above timberline and some big ones at that.