Oregon road closure

Willys46

Hey fellow Oregonians! I have just heard that the National Forest is looking at closing all non-improved roads next year. If any one has more information about this, please post it.

Living in the Valley, there has not been one report on it. My uncle from the east side just shared with me that the place that we have camped and hunted for 35+ years would not allow us to drive to camp anymore!

What I have heard is it would be only rock roads, but they have not produced maps yet.

This sounds like they are trying to sneak one past us.

With private land tied up and no road accesses to national forest! You would not be allowed to go anywhere in OR!

Share some facts if you could.

Willys

I dont think so. I havent hered anything about it yet. Nor have I seen any evidence of it. I frequent the local hunting/sportinggoods shops all around central and eastern Or and havent hered anything remotely close to that. Specifically what part of Oregon? (no Im not asking where you hunt) How much is the tickett if you get caught? Maybe pool the $ togather to pay it before you go:D

What I have found out, it will not start tell Jan 1st 2011.

We have hunted silver lake my whole life, but that is changing.

What they have been talking, is everything in a national forest that is not a gravel road would be off limits. No sure what the ticket will be, but I would bet they will make it stiff!

I live in the Portland, but travel to bend every week for work, and I heard it form two different people. One was at a hospital and the other was my uncle in K-falls.

As you know, most of the roads that we hunt or camp on are the two track pumy dirt roads. As we understand it, off limits. I know people that drive miles on two track to get to their hunting spots. Heck most of Oregon would be off limits!

Keep your ear open, If this is gossip and no teeth, let me know. the last thing I want to do is give out false info.

I know someone that works in the Prineville Forest Service office. I just forwarded the first post to her. Should have some kind of response tomorrow.

Hey fellow Oregonians! I have just heard that the National Forest is looking at closing all non-improved roads next year. If any one has more information about this, please post it.

Living in the Valley, there has not been one report on it. My uncle from the east side just shared with me that the place that we have camped and hunted for 35+ years would not allow us to drive to camp anymore!

What I have heard is it would be only rock roads, but they have not produced maps yet.

This sounds like they are trying to sneak one past us.

With private land tied up and no road accesses to national forest! You would not be allowed to go anywhere in OR!

Share some facts if you could.

Willys

well that just sucks,how we gonna chase out all the illegals growin pot and poaching?but really oregon is turning into one of the finest commie states just like california and washington.thanks kulengoskigun)i thought the citizens of oregon owned the forests and the forest service MANAGED it didnt know they owned it

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.