Oregon Mt rifle company.....Anyone heard of them??

Ckgworks

https://omrifles.com

Oregon Mountain Rifle Company:
Ran across their website, and was curious if anyone here has heard of them, or has anything to say about them......PM me if you'd rather.
They don't say anything about their blanks other than match, button rifled, hand lapped which could be about anybody these days. They are the only company I have seen offering to turn down and wrap factory barrels. Like I said, it caught my eye and curiosity got the best of me!

Not that I would do it, or even think its worth it, I was kinda surprised to see a company willing to turn down, and wrap a factory barrel.....seems like most companies wouldn't want to stand behind that. As far as button rifled goes, I've seen some really nice shooting rifles done with prefit button rifled barrels, maybe not as nice as cut, but still mighty fine shooters!

There's nothing wrong with button barrels. Cut rifled barrels are the big hype right now. I personally think cut barrels have a slight edge, but that's also what I own and shoot. There's nothing wrong with a premier button barrel from Hart, Lilja, Benchmark, or Broughton. Those are all top notch barrels.

Button barrels will make the list , the bottom of the list .
No, there were at least 2 very near the top of the list....... Granted, there were more Kriegers than anything else. But much of that is just "follow the leader". One shooter consistently places well, and those below give credit to the barrel. Skill counts for as much as the brand of barrel does, maybe more. Lots of good barrel makers today, and any one of them can make a turd occasionally. I'll go ahead and point out that there was not a Brux or a Bartlein on that 2018 equipment list. Several didn't list what brand barrel their rifle was wearing, including the winner. IMO, too much emphasis placed on the components of the rifle (or handgun) and not enough placed on the capability of the 'driver'. I guess I have too much experience with guys who have a "custom" built with a Bartlein/Krieger,McMillan,Jewell,Bat/Defiance/Stiller that can't hit the broad side of a barn,,, because they lack the necessary skill. It's a free country, buy what you want. Was your name on that list that 'placed' at the 2018 Super Shoot? If it was, please enlighten us all...

Last edited:
I'm interested to hear any experiences with OMR as well. I had never heard of them till a month or so ago. I emailed them for more info, but they didn't say who made the blanks they use in their barrels.

I emailed them last Sunday about other cartridge reamers they may have. Lee Freeman emailed me back the same day and told me they could help me with pretty much anything except the Sherman short cartridges. He advised me his website is basic to the most common cartridges. I will in the future try one of their rem-age barrels.

Barrel arrived today to my surprise being a Sunday. Looks very nice. Gauges should be here Tuesday. I need to open up the stock a bit. Eventually I would like to put a Manners T2A on it but for now I am going to run a Bergara B14 HMR stock until I can save some more $$$. Total weight with Scope is 11lbs 10oz. The action is a Defiance Deviant. Scope is a Bushnell 3.5-21X50 G3 DMR ii Illuminated.
IMG_5637.jpg
IMG_5632.jpg
IMG_5633.jpg
IMG_5638.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.