ordered my parts today

tropicmaster

First off I want to thank all of you who chimed in with answers and opinions! I bought a 110 LA from a member of the Savage forum and will FTF on friday for that. Today I called Sharpshootersupply and ordered the LVT stock with comb and hook, the 6.5x20x44 Viper in Mildot,Ken Ferrel bases, Burris Zee rings, and a recoil lug. Then I called Jim Briggs and ordered a 28" premium match McGowen bull barrel in .308. So in about 3 weeks or so when all the pieces get here I will join the Savage custom owners club. It might just come together in time for the fall 600 at Camp Butner. Not that I will even be able to find paper at first, but it will be fun trying! Once I absorb all of the start up cost I plan on ordering a switch barrel in .284 Win, and reloading equipment. Until then the factory .308 will have to carry me. it will probably be more accurate than I am for a while anyways! lol

It'll be the longest 3 weeks of your life buddy! Hope it goes according to plan. Post some pics when you get it together,:)

Boy you really got me interested in your 6.5x20x44 Viper scope. Is it a FFP or a SFP???

I am only interested in FFP scopes.

joseph

Boy you really got me interested in your 6.5x20x44 Viper scope. Is it a FFP or a SFP???

I am only interested in FFP scopes.

joseph

Joseph it is FFP and not only that but there is currently a $50 rebate so it is really a $430 scope!

Here is the quote for the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44mm and the 6.5-20x50mm: Mil-Dot Reticle allows the user to do range estimations as well as estimating holdover, wind drift and lead moving targets. It is very important to understand that in order to use these features, the scope must be set at 14x magnification. Of course, the standard center crosshair can always be used at any magnification.

These scopes are SFP and not FFP scopes. Sorry to tell you may have ordered the wrong type of scope if you wanted a FFP scope so you can range at ANY magnification you are set at.

joseph

I had to cross the Viper and Leupold off my list because they are SFP scopes.

Looks like I may get one of these: Falcon Menace Optics or the new Weaver Tacticle FFP scopes: Weaver Mounts - Tactical

I called Weaver and they told me that they are in the inspection stage and not selling them yet. They told me that this scope IS a FFP.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.