Optics Planet

A truly customer focused company would have said, "We screwed up, we're fixing the mistake at no cost to you, and we hope you continue to allow us to serve you."...that's not Optics Planet.
It seems like they would at least cruise the forums that may use their products and see where they could improve but I have never seen them post on our site.What a shame as we talk and make decisions based on our friends on this site's experiences.I have never bought from them and now I never will!

It seems like they would at least cruise the forums that may use their products and see where they could improve but I have never seen them post on our site.What a shame as we talk and make decisions based on our friends on this site's experiences.I have never bought from them and now I never will!
We're a very tiny portion of their buyers and they've probably made a decision of the cost/ benefit of giving people like us the middle finger.

Gents, Just a heads up. I ordered a set of Warne Mountain Tech High Rings for an AR that I recently purchased. After about three days I got an email stating that the rings had shipped with tracking info. After two weeks of nothing I checked the tracking info and the address was missing the W. Designation for West on the street address and they said the package could not be delivered. It was a ******** excuse by the post office as they deliver to that address every single day, but It was sent back to Optics Planet. I got a confirmed delivery back to Optics planet via DHL. I contacted Optics Planet and asked if they could send out another set ASAP as I wanted to get the rifle up and running. They said it would take two to three weeks to get it all straightened out and another set sent out. I offered my opinion on that scenario, BS, and they told me I could just cancel the order and get a refund so I did so. That was a month ago. Now they are telling me that the claim for the apparently lost rings was denied by their insurer and I am out of luck. I told the lady I had a confirmation form DHL that they were received by optics planet, she still denies it. Looks like I am out $115.00 but I wanted to bring this to the forums attention. These guys are sheisters, don't buy from them.
I had nothing but BS from them about several orders. I quit buying things from them about 2 yrs ago. "NO MORE"

I have read MANY posts about shooters who bought products that were listed as "in stock", only to find out days later that they were NOT in stock or, maybe, never had stock of a particular item. That's enough for me to avoid them completely.

There are plenty of honest internet retailers that have good CS to boot. Why take chances?

Last edited:
Well boys, here is what I received this afternoon from the great people at Optics Planet:

Greetings from OpticsPlanet.com!

Thank you for contacting us about your order!

We are showing that your Claim was denied, but per the approval of our Supervisor, we have issued a credit back to your original payment method in the amount of $114.30 as a one-time courtesy. It can take 1-3 business days for the funds to reflect.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to reach out.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Sad that this couldn't have been offered the first time I contacted them and all of this could have been taken care of between us and I would not have had to make this post.
Screw them.

I have read MANY posts about shooters who bought products that were listed as "in stock", only to find out days later that they were NOT in stock or, maybe, never had stock of a particular item. That's enough for me to avoid them completely.

There are plenty of honest internet retailers that have good CS to boot. Why take chances?
In response to this I will say the only time I really purchase from OP anymore is literally for chances.

The best example is this year I managed to get a sig 516 upper, new, for half the cost they used to sell for before being discontinued over a year ago. It was a backorder and I tossed a CC number at it purely on the case of "no way they have this, no way they get this, but if they do, holy crap"

I forgot about it and 80 days later one showed up at my door. Not sure who they got it from but they somehow did.

For general items, it's not worth the frustration, and as evidenced by this thread I surely would not order without CC protections

In response to this I will say the only time I really purchase from OP anymore is literally for chances.

The best example is this year I managed to get a sig 516 upper, new, for half the cost they used to sell for before being discontinued over a year ago. It was a backorder and I tossed a CC number at it purely on the case of "no way they have this, no way they get this, but if they do, holy crap"

I forgot about it and 80 days later one showed up at my door. Not sure who they got it from but they somehow did.

For general items, it's not worth the frustration, and as evidenced by this thread I surely would not order without CC protections

When were you billed?

Well, my scope showed up today and all seems well with it……..so far. After reading the horror stories here I'll definitely think twice (maybe "thrice") before I go this route again. There are other more reputable dealers to go through that won't make me quite as nervous to do business with.

Guess I'm lucky. I've bought scopes and other accessories from Optics Planet over the last few years with no issues. A couple of back orders, but filled as scheduled. Last order probably 9 months or more ago. Just my experience.

I also stopped buying from Optics Planet four years ago. They turned a simple process into an overly complicated cluster.
I ate a $150 purchase + two $25 giftcards. Money well spent never to have to deal with their ridiculousness again.
Beware to future buyers.