opinions on millet scopes?

Wheatgerm

i have a millet 6-14x50 on my 300wsm. ive kindof played with the turret a little and it almost sounds like it skipps every now and then? im VERY new to using turrets so i dont know what to feel or listen for? is anyone else using this scopes? what do i need to watch for if its really skipping or am i just being paranoid?

I've got a 4-16 x50 with 1/8min clicks, a current comparative model would the the TRS. Mine went from working as it should to not tracking vertically. What it did is what should have taken 3.3moa dial up took 4.5moa dial up. I researched it and found it's been know to happen with Millets. I took it off the rifle (intending to get rid of it) and ran both turrets both ways completely for about 45min. reinstall with a vortex scope level and it works as it should now. the only annoying thing about it at this point is there is a little bit of backlash in the turrets, not a big deal with vertical, just go 1/2 turn past zero then set to zero. But with the windage you have to pick either right or left to take out the backlash, then confirm how much adjustment to move it the other direction, or use you dots and line for windage

Its getting sent in for a muzzle break and I will have to re zero it anyways. So what your saying it ti just twist the turrets threw the full cycle a few times? Why would I have to take the scope off the gun to do that?

there is no way i could dial with a scope i dont trust to work every time. the above issues would be a fail for me.

Its getting sent in for a muzzle break and I will have to re zero it anyways. So what your saying it ti just twist the turrets threw the full cycle a few times? Why would I have to take the scope off the gun to do that?

I took it off because I was going to send it down the road, some other things came up so a better scope is going to have to wait for a while yet.

vette: I agree completely, but I ran it though the ringer, dialed up differing yardages going out to a farther range then back in to different shorter ranges then back out, back to zero, back out to a farther yardage, after putting back on and it just keeps working like it's supposed to. I used 6 different yardages from 100yrd zero, to 800yrds, I intentionally skipped a round being as random as I could be about it, I shot at 400, backed off to 235yrd silhouette rail, out 600, back zero, out to 800, back to 355 yrd silhouette rail, every time I was able to 1st round hits, and when I went to a yardage more than once I got less than 1/2 MOA group from previous shots. Dunno what the deal was before, burrs, rough edges maybe I dunno. maybe it will go an a gopher gun after it gets replaced, but for now it is what it is

there is no way i could dial with a scope i dont trust to work every time. the above issues would be a fail for me.

I agree 100% but I haven't ever even dialed with the turret besides to 0 it so I really don't know if I trust it or not yet. I was just wanting some other opinions to kindof know what I was dealing with or what to watch for

I agree 100% but I haven't ever even dialed with the turret besides to 0 it so I really don't know if I trust it or not yet. I was just wanting some other opinions to kindof know what I was dealing with or what to watch for
Honestly I would get a viper vortex instead, a LR scope should work as intended from the get go, no backlash nothin. For now I'll deal since season opens here in 2 days and the go to huntin rifle is still sighted in

Honestly I would get a viper vortex instead, a LR scope should work as intended from the get go, no backlash nothin. For now I'll deal since season opens here in 2 days and the go to huntin rifle is still sighted in

JOE: Mule deer season or what?? And what ya using this year??

JOE: Mule deer season or what?? And what ya using this year??
General rifle season. Most area's white tail Muleys, Elk. My daughter has a special youth antlerless elk permit for the Missouri river breaks north west side. We're gonna take a week down there just us 2 and the horses:)

My go to has been a 270 for a few years now, though I still take the 7mag some, she's got a 7mm-08

Viper? My friend just got one, had it professionally mounted and he couldn't get it to hold a zero when sighting in. Then he finally got it close and took it up hunting and found out the reticle inside had gotten turned some how. Im positive vortex will fix it they have a great warrentee but still kinda turned me off of that scope

General rifle season. Most area's white tail Muleys, Elk. My daughter has a special youth antlerless elk permit for the Missouri river breaks north west side. We're gonna take a week down there just us 2 and the horses:)

My go to has been a 270 for a few years now, though I still take the 7mag some, she's got a 7mm-08

*sigh*..Must be nice!! Good luck to both of you!

Been doing a little thinking on this, is there any way I can make a "zero" card and attach it to the end of my barrel and have it match up exactly with my crosshairs.... then twist my turrets up and down a bunch then return to zero and see if my crosshairs match back up with my original zero? That SHOULD let me know if the turrets are skipping at all correct? Has anyone done this before

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.