Opine on this scope

kennygss

I acquired a 4.5 X 14 X 40 Adj. Obj. Fine Duplex Leupy recently. Its a one inch tube. Its new in box. What do you guys think about this optic? Heres the kicker, I got it for free, but, I don't want that to be the reason for using it. I am building ( rather, having Long Rifles build) a 7mm rem mag. Should I stick with this optic? Send it for turrets etc, or sell it and just get something else. I am not particularly familiar with the New VX3's, and opinions are very much appreciated.

I just got my 4.5 - 14 x 50 vx3 back from leupold with it's new target turret. For my 300 wsm, out to +/-800 yards, it will do what I need it to. I think power and quality of glass wise, you're in good shape. I personally prefer a larger objective for a hunting rifle to gather a little more light for those early/late shooting opportunities, but I can't say that I've ever beaten the price you paid!

I just got my 4.5 - 14 x 50 vx3 back from leupold with it's new target turret. For my 300 wsm, out to +/-800 yards, it will do what I need it to. I think power and quality of glass wise, you're in good shape. I personally prefer a larger objective for a hunting rifle to gather a little more light for those early/late shooting opportunities, but I can't say that I've ever beaten the price you paid!

Thanks for the input. I like the price as well, but, I dont want that to be the total criteria for keeping it. I was more interested in the opinions on the glass etc, which sounds like it if fair in this optic.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.