Old eyes struggling to read the turret?

Not to worry....I will give you one when you get here! Geeeeeezzzzz....at least a few of us old GUY(s) try to keep up with modern times...if you're planing still on bringing Davey's ( Crocket) signed flintlock....I'll loan you a rifle that uses metal cartridges...Google them! 🤣
Got my zero stop set exactly on zero and if I don't have my readers I can just count the clicks

If your a mil guy you could set your scope up for ''speed drop''Theres a post up on here somewhere about it

Zero'd at 100yds, dial for 0.5mils which allows me to shoot out anything inside 250yds without any adjustments. When beyond that, count my clicks and if get lost, I have my zero stop set at 0.0mils.

I had the same problem. You could try safety glasses that have a reading magnifier in the lower portion. There is also a stick on version if you want to use with normal sunnies etc.

Why not get some clear dual reader safety glasses? They are available in various magnifications to suit you ageing eyes, and are safer. Another benefit is the UV reduction which helps reduce cataract formation.

Turret magnifier available at Bugholes .com. I use it for PRS competition, works great.

Attachments

• 4605A8BD-F90B-4F42-A40E-94D4F48841F7.jpeg
    4605A8BD-F90B-4F42-A40E-94D4F48841F7.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 109
My eyesight is deteriorating more every year. Appreciate this thread.

Really sucks. I find myself fighting to not wear my reading glasses and regret it everytime I don't bring them with me.....thinking I don't need them.

My eyesight is deteriorating more every year. Appreciate this thread.

Really sucks. I find myself fighting to not wear my reading glasses and regret it everytime I don't bring them with me.....thinking I don't need them.
Set your zero stop and count clicks baby! I'm in the same boat myself.

The eye drop "article" reads like paid advertising. They cite clinical trials, do not present any data numbers and move right into anecdotal evidence. Cough-bullsh-cough!
For night blindness, check your diet, and are you taking any meds which affect that?
I use cheaters that easily slip behind my Rx safeties. Using them adds about 6 seconds, slip down, slip up. Though, I think knowing your dope and counting is easiest. I need them anyway to read my notes.

I have gotten old enough to need reading glasses. I struggled this season seeing the ballistic turret in low light conditions but then had a hell of a time using reading glasses in the urgent seconds of set-up for a shoot in the mountains. This is never an issue in practice but at game time I struggled to read the numbers and mark on the turret, and keep the animal in the scope etc.. I guess prescription shooting / sun glasses are the best option - even if they tend to fog up. Has anyone figured a better solution?
Bifocal glasses solved my problem with reading the turret.