Now, I'm in a cranky mood - re: attaching photos

royinidaho

Now, I\'m in a cranky mood - re: attaching photos

When its time to shoot its time to shoot not dink around with jumping through 3rd party pic posting procedures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hunt101 changes their GUI every time I go to it (infrequently) have to scrounge around to get to my own little area. Today I couldn't do it.

Photobucket wanted WAY too much info, first education, then military, then I quick.

The third option, whatever it was, was unresponsive i.e., DOA/DIW/sloooooooow

Paxel is wearing off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyone gotta better way?

Re: Now, I\'m in a cranky mood - re: attaching photos

Len could have the I.T. guys add the option to download attachments directly from your computer and either display them as an attachment link in the title bar of each response (including the original post) or as an actual image in the context of the post it's self. We do this at another Infopop based forum I visit and it works so slick it's not even funny.

I don't know what it would cost for that upgrade and it ain't my money so in the meantime I use the same link provided by Gonehuntingagain. That is quite easy as well. And it is free.

I haven't spoken with Len on the issue of hosting pictures but it has come up in the past (in member discussions).

My input would be to let the picture hosting sites continue to do what they do and leave picture hosting off this (Len's) site.

If you go to the picture hosting sites and do a browse (if they allow it) you'll no doubt find a method to report offensive pictures and probably several offensive pictures during your quest too. This policing policy is because hosting pictures draws some unwanted type pictures and there's probably some liability once the site "hosts" an offensive picture (I'm not talking about common hunting photos).

Hosting files (photos, executable, etc) is an operation that can quickly get out of hand, both in space requirements and appropriate uploads.

My goal is to keep administration down to next-to-nothing. There are enough technical snafus in life already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So I won't be adding picture hosting abilities.

Seeing as I started this whole thing, lemme finnish it, ok?

I agree with all of the above. Sometimes I think I need slapped upside the head, and get a bit of a reality check.

A little self discipline would help me a bit.

Thanks folks, and esp. Len for the good management and stable straight forward thinkin'. We/I owe ya!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts