Nosler M48 in 26 Nosler w/ 156 Grain Berger EOL's

Nwhunter_aj

Got a lot of information to dump but in a nutshell im a little disappointed by several things im limited to by the rifle itself.

New to me but used M48 Patriot rifle. Caliber is 26 Nosler. Shot it with factory Nosler 130 LRAB and less than pleasing grouping at 100 yards = 1.2" group.

I have a Hornady Comparator gauge that mics out to 3.540 COAL. I don't have a 6.5 collar so I just went COAL. My hope from what I've researched is to focus on super small "Jump to Lands" keeping it at about .020 off lands. That left me at the desired COAL of 3.520" which after setting my gauge and looking at a dummy round very happy. Unfortunately, my RIFLE MAG length limited me to 3.400". Jump to lands is a little longer than I would desire but we shall see.

*I wish the mag length was longer but we shall see what the resulting length shows at range for accuracy grouping. If the desired loads continue to disappoint Ill adjust COAL to desired 3.520 and load individual. I'm curious to see if the length of the lands will improve group performance drastically.

PRIMERS are Federal Large Rifle Magnum

POWDER is Reloader 33-

I'll update my range results soon...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts