Nosler Custom Comps on Antelope!

redneckclimbing

Granted this was a one shot, DRT, kill on one animal but I thought I would post the findings. Rifle was an 18 inch barrel, 308 win, shooting 168 grain Osler custom competition Bullets. The shot was at 144 yards. Went entirely through the animal, nicked the spine in the process, and hammered both lungs. Left about a quarter sized exit hole.
In case anyone was curious.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 137
That is good to know that they expand. I have been curious myself, but had not tried them on game. Two of my main loads for my .308 Win use 168 & 175 NCC's.

For the 338s, the 300 grain custom comps are good performers for around $30 per 100. It's hard to beat that for a .800 BC 338 bullet.

For the 338s, the 300 grain custom comps are good performers for around $30 per 100. It's hard to beat that for a .800 BC 338 bullet.

I was thinking the same thing! My brother and I just built some 338 Norma's, just need to send them off for a nitride treatment and I believe that we will be starting with these and going from there!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.