Nosler 168 Competition

Chuck Boyer

A number of people are using match type bullets to hunt with even though the manufacturer does not recommend it. (Sierra). I have not heard or seen of anyone using Nosler Competion bullets for hunting. Does anyone have any experience with these bullets?I have a 300 WSM and would like to try them on deer at about 3000fps.

I have not tried them on game, but in the 3 rifles I tried them in they shot as well as the berger 168s. Try the bergers?

Used a 175gr smk deer hunting last year did ok but
would feel better using a regular hunting bullet from now
on.

Have not tried the Bergers. You know, Berger says they need to be seated at the lands or into the lands. My gun will not allow that because of magazine length. I think the Noslers (got a good deal)would cut down on the time to develop a good load.

I have found that the Nosler's are clones of the Sierra's.

I can load 5rds of each and you won't be able to say which bullet did which hole because ther is only 1 hole.

2 if you count the shooter.:eek:

I dont think all of the 168 bergers are vlds. The non vlds are not as sensitive to seating depth IMO. That said I have found that some of the VLDs like to jump.

Have not tried the Bergers. You know, Berger says they need to be seated at the lands or into the lands. My gun will not allow that because of magazine length. I think the Noslers (got a good deal)would cut down on the time to develop a good load.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.